How to Flash/Recovery for Android Nexus S 4G?
Selecting a recovery can be a chore on certain, more popular devices. Not because the “perfect” recovery doesn’t exist, mind you, but because there are so many good options to choose from. Then, there are recoveries that have several variants. With some offering touch enabled interfaces, while still updating their older variants, users are faced with much the same choice they have to make when choosing a ROM.
What is a Recovery?
Recoveries provide you with an easy way to backup, restore, and flash files onto your device (among other things). While all recoveries will easily flash nearly any .zip file, not all recoveries use the same tools for creating your backups. Therefore, backups you make with ClockworkMod will not be usable/restorable by TWRP and vice versa. Choose wisely, or at least realize that you might have to switch back to a different recovery to restore a backup you made in the past.
How else can I access recovery tools from within Android?
The two primary recoveries currently in active development (for the Nexus S 4G at least) are ClockworkMod and TWRP.
If you use ClockworkMod, download ROM Manager from the Google store. Highlights include:
- Manage your ROMs via a handy UI.
- Organize and perform backups and restores from within Android!
- Install ROMs from your SD card.
- Install your favorite ROMs over the air!
If you use TWRP, download GooManager from the Google store. Highlights include:
- Ability to browse all of the files on the Goo site, and download directly to your mobile device.
- Receive OTA style updates from your favorite rom developers that have been hosted on the Goo site.
- New CyanogenMod nightly build update support
Need more information how to Flash Android Nexus S 4G? Please go to original XDA Developers thread on http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1382624
We hope you can do it by yourself. And also, be carefully before you do it.